PaloAltoNetworks Enterprise Firewall PA-820
The controlling element of the PA-800 Series ML-Powered Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) is PAN-OS®, which natively classifies all traffic, inclusive of applications, threats, and content, and then ties that traffic to the user regardless of location or device type. The application, content, and user—in other words, the elements that run your business—then serve as the basis of your security policies, resulting in improved security posture and reduced incident response time.
Classifies all applications, on all ports, all the time
- Identifies the application, regardless of port, encryption (SSL or SSH), or evasive technique employed
- Uses the application, not the port, as the basis for all of your safe enablement policy decisions: allow, deny, schedule, inspect and apply traffic-shaping
- Categorizes unidentified applications for policy control, threat forensics or App-ID™ application identification technology development
- Provides full visibility into the details of all TLS-encrypted connections and stops threats hidden in encrypted traffic, including traffic that uses TLS 1.3 and HTTP/2 protocols.
Enforces security policies for any user, at any location
- Deploys consistent policies to local and remote users running on the Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android or Apple iOS platforms
- Enables agentless integration with Microsoft Active Directory and Terminal Services, LDAP, Novell eDirectory and Citrix
- Easily integrates your firewall policies with 802.1X wireless, proxies, NAC solutions, and any other source of user identity information
Extends native protection across all attack vectors with cloud-delivered security subscriptions
- Threat Prevention—inspects all traffic to automatically block known vulnerabilities, malware, vulnerability exploits, spyware, command and control (C2), and custom intrusion prevention system (IPS) signatures.
- WildFire malware prevention—protects against unknown file-based threats, delivering automated prevention in seconds for most new threats across networks, endpoints, and clouds.
- URL Filtering—prevents access to malicious sites and protects users against web-based threats.
- DNS Security—detects and blocks known and unknown threats over DNS while predictive analytics disrupt attacks using DNS for C2 or data theft.
- IoT Security—discovers all unmanaged devices in your network, identifies risks and vulnerabilities, and automates enforcement policies for your ML-Powered NGFW using a new Device-ID™ policy construct.
Enables SD-WAN functionality
- Easily adopt SD-WAN by simply enabling it on your existing firewalls.
- Enables you to safely implement SD-WAN, which is natively integrated with our industry-leading security.
- Delivers an exceptional end user experience by minimizing latency, jitter, and packet loss.
Palo Alto Networks PA-800 Series next-generation firewall appliances, comprised of the PA-820 and PA-850, are designed to secure enterprise branch offices and midsized businesses.
The controlling element of the Palo Alto Networks PA-800 Series appliances is PAN-OS security operat- ing system, which natively classifies all traffic, inclusive of applications, threats and content, and then ties that traffic to the user, regardless of location or device type. The application, content and user – in other words, the business elements that run your business – are then used as the basis of your security policies, resulting in an improved security posture and a reduction in incident response time.
Performance and Capacities1
Firewall throughput (App-ID)2, 4
Threat prevention throughput3, 4
IPsec VPN throughput2, 4
New sessions per second5
- 1. Performance and capacities are measured under ideal testing conditions.
- 2. Firewall throughput measured with App-ID and User-ID features enabled utilizing 64K HTTP transactions
- 3. Threat prevention throughput measured with App-ID, User-ID, IPS, AntiVirus and Anti-Spyware features enabled utilizing 64K HTTP transactions
- 4. New sessions per second is measured with 4K HTTP transactions
- 5. Adding virtual systems base quantity requires a separately purchased license
PA-800 Series appliances support a wide range of networking features that enable you to more easily integrate our security features into your existing network.
I/O 10/100/1000 (4), Gigabit SFP (8) Management I/O
- 10/100/1000 out-of-band management port (1)
- 10/100/1000 high availability (2)
- RJ-45 console port (1)
- USB port (1)
- Micro USB console port (1)
Storage Capacity 240GB SSD Power Supply Fixed AC 200 W power supply (1) Power Consumption Maximum: 120 W
Average: 41 W
Max BTU/hr 256 Input Voltage (Input frequency) 100-240VAC (50-60Hz) Max Current Consumption 1.0 A @ 100 VAC, 0.5 A @ 240 VAC Max Inrush Current 0.4 A @ 230 VAC, 0.96 A @ 120 VAC Rack Mountable (Dimensions) 1U, 19” standard rack (1.75” H x 14” D x 17.125” W) Weight (Stand-Alone Device/As Shipped) 11 lbs / 18 lbs Safety cCSAus, CB EMI FCC Class A, CE Class A, VCCI Class A Certifications See: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/company/certifications.html Environment Operating temperature: 32° to 104° F, 0° to 40° C
Non-operating temperature: -4° to 158° F, -20° to 70° C
Airflow Front to back
(1) RJ-45 console port (1) USB port (1) Micro USB console port
- 10/100/1000 out-of-band management port
- 10/100/1000 high availability
Storage Capacity 240GB SSD Power Supply (Average Power Consumption) PA-850: Two 500W AC power supplies. One power supply is redundant. (75W) PA-820: 200W power supply. (45W) Max BTU/hr 256 Input Voltage (Input frequency) 100-240VAC (50-60Hz) Max Current Consumption 2.0A @ 100VAC,1.0A @ 240VAC (PA-850) 1.0A @ 100VAC,0.5A @ 240VAC (PA-820) Max Inrush Current 1.0A @ 230VAC,1.84A @ 120VAC (PA-850) 0.4A @ 230VAC,0.96A @ 120VAC (PA-820) Rack Mountable (Dimensions) PA-850 - 1U, 19” standard rack (1.75”H x 14.5”D x 17.125”W) PA-820 - 1U, 19” standard rack (1.75”H x 14”D x 17.125”W) Weight (Stand-Alone Device/As Shipped) PA-850 13.5lbs/21.5 lbs PA-820 11lbs/18 lbs Safety cCSAus, CB EMI FCC Class A, CE Class A, VCCI Class A Certifications See: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/company/certifications.html Environment Operating temperature: 32° to 104° F, 0° to 40° C Non-operating temperature: -4° to 158° F, -20° to 70° C Airflow Front to back